If you’re looking for energy-efficient roofing systems in Fairfield, you’re probably focused on reducing heat transfer in the summer months. Wintertime insulation isn’t something you can completely neglect, but it’s okay to leave it as an afterthought. Low temperatures rarely dip below freezing in the Fairfield area.
You might be amazed by the amount of heat that gets absorbed through your roof. Even if you don’t notice it in your day-to-day life, you’re sure to notice it when you pay your energy bills. Installing energy-efficient roofing systems in Fairfield homes can result in savings of 20 to 30 percent per year.
How Do You Achieve These Savings?
The trick is a combination of the right materials, colors, and insulation. Customers have different options within each of these categories, although your contractors will probably have specific recommendations for best practice.
Energy-efficient roofing systems in Fairfield could have the following components:
- Light colors: Because heat is much more of a concern than cold, very light colors are preferable. They reflect sunlight and keep much of the radiant heat from seeping through the roof.
- Tile roofs: Within this category, there are several specific options for energy efficient roofing systems in Fairfield. For example, tile roofs may be made of clay, slate, or concrete. Any of them will help reflect heat, especially if the material itself is light colored, or has a light coating added.
- Metal roofs: This may seem counter-intuitive, since metal quickly gets hot to the touch. But it’s also very reflective – more so than most tile options. This makes it the best choice for some energy efficient roofing systems in Fairfield, but only if the owner doesn’t mind a more industrial appearance.
- Professional insulation: Reflective surfaces can’t keep all the heat at bay. Properly-installed insulation reduces the rate at which heat is transferred from the roof surface to the air inside your home.
- Solar panels: If you’re interested in reducing your energy costs and your carbon footprint, installing rooftop solar panels is one of the best things you can do. They will reflect even more sunlight while also helping you to offset your electricity consumption.
Cost vs. Benefits
A complete upgrade to your home’s roof won’t be cheap, but it is almost certain to pay off in the long run. We mentioned 20 to 30 percent savings on your electricity bill. It should be easy for you to calculate what that means for your household, then compare it against the quote you get from AAA Remodeling or another provider of energy efficient roofing systems.
As you’re considering the value of the upgrade, keep these factors in mind:
- Roof longevity: In Fairfield, energy efficient roofing systems aren’t just about saving money on air conditioning. They also tend to prevent damage from UV radiation, thus reducing the need for repairs. AAA Remodeling provides even more peace of mind with a 40-year warranty.
- Resale value: This is a factor in every type of home remodeling project. In Fairfield, energy efficient roofing systems can easily raise demand if owners or real estate agents end up showing a home in the summer when potential buyers are highly aware of the internal climate.
- Effect on outdoor spaces: The main purpose of energy efficient roofing systems in Fairfield is to reduce heat transfer to the attic and lower floors, but if your roof effectively deflects sunlight, it will also slow the warming of outdoor spaces like patios and decks.
- Carbon footprint: People have always been concerned about the effect of electricity consumption on their pocketbooks. Now they’re becoming more and more conscious of the effect on their communities and the globe. Energy efficient roofing systems in Fairfield can increase satisfaction with one’s lifestyle choices, and you can’t put a price tag on that.